2009 Yamaha TMAX
$6,495.00 - Stock Number: Y01404
Blurring the boundaries between scooter and motorcycle - a super sport automatic fuel-injected, liquid-cooled, four valve per cylinder engine boasts, controlled-fill, die-cast aluminum frame, 43mm front forks, 4-piston caliper dual front disc brakes, and rear disc brake. Plus a multifunction instrumentation with speedometer and tachometer and radical sports styling and fuel economy up to an estimate 47mpg with a fuel tank that holds 4 gallons.
|Clutch||Wet, multiple-disc automatic centrifugal|
|Transmission||CVT double-cog V-belt auto|
|Bore x Stroke||66.0 x 73.0 mm|
|Engine||499cc liquid-cooled 4-stroke, forwardinclined|
|Fuel||Electronic fuel injection|
|Fuel Capacity||4.0 gal|
|Brake Front||267mm disc|
|Brake Rear||267mm disc|
|Suspension Front||43mm telescopic forks|
|Tires Front||120/70-15 67H Radial|
|Tires Rear||160/60-15 67H Radial|
|Ground Clearance||4.9 in|
|Seat Height||31.5 in|
- 15-inch cast aluminum wheels front and rear are fitted with radial tires for excellent, sporty handling.
- Brake lever is adjustable for operator comfort.
- Bright, headlights and taillight take their styling cues from Yamaha sportbikes.
- Continuously variable transmission connects engine power to the wet multiplate centrifugal clutch via a durable double-cog-type rubber V-belt. Pivot coaxial drive shaft is used, allowing use of a swingarm separate from the powerplant for excellent handling. Two-stage, adjustment-free silent chain system then transfers power to the rear wheel.
- Continuously variable transmission connects engine power to the wet multiplate centrifugal clutch via a durable double-cog-type rubber V-belt. Silent chain efficiently transfers power to the rear wheel. This proven system, combined with TMAX’s ample power, gives a whole new meaning—and adrenaline level—to twist-and-go throttle operation.
- DOHC, four-valve-per-cylinder, 499cc parallel twin, liquid-cooled engine is horizontally mounted and performance engineered with forged pistons, carburized connecting rods and ceramic composite plated cylinders for plenty of tractable power. Also includes a horizontally opposed reciprocating balancer for uncommon smoothness.
- Electronic fuel-injection system provides sure starts and excellent performance in virtually all conditions and altitudes.
- Front double disk brakes with four-pod mono block calipers.
- Fuel tank emission system includes a charcoal canister to control gasoline evaporation and reduce air pollution.
- Fuel-injected, liquid-cooled, four-valve-per-cylinder engine boasts forged pistons, carburized connecting rods, and ceramic-composite plated cylinders. The TMAX has a 11.0:1 compression ratio; upswept muffler canister; CF die-cast aluminum frame; 43mm front forks; 4-piston mono-block caliper dual front disc brakes; rear disc brake; aluminum die cast wheels with radial H-rated tires; fully featured multifunction instrumentation with speedometer and tachometer; and radical new sports styling; with those credentials, it’s no wonder TMAX is the Super Sport Scooter.
- Horizontally positioned 499cc parallel twin, with reciprocating balancer, offers plenty of smooth power, enough for two-up touring at highway speeds. Configuration helps keep weight low in frame for mass centralization.
- Lubrication is via a semi-dry-sump system with an oil cooler for longer engine life.
- Luxury scooter appointments include a double glove box in the streamlined front apron, a position-adjustable operator backrest, a storage box under the seat spacious enough for a large full-face helmet, and the excellent wind and weather protection that comes from the TMAX’s floorboard/ apron/windshield configuration.
- Motorcycle-type telescopic front forks use beefy 43mm tubes.
- Muffler incorporates exhaust catalyst technology to reduce air pollution.
- Pin-slide, one pod rear brake caliper with parking brake system.
- Rear seat is hinged for easy opening. Underseat storage is spacious enough to store a large full-face helmet.
- The TMAX achieves fuel economy up to an estimated 47 mpg* with a fuel tank that holds 4 gallons of gas.
- Using technology proven in Yamaha’s sportbike line, TMAX has a lightweight, CF die-cast aluminum frame that provides rigidity and balance for superb handling.