2017 Honda FourTrax Recon
$4,099.00 - Stock Number: H01326
There’s an old saying: It’s not the size of the dog in the fight; it’s the size of the fight in the dog. And that’s certainly true when it comes to the world of all-terrain vehicles. Bigger isn’t always better—like on a tight trail, when it’s time to load and unload, or when it’s time to open up your wallet.
Thank goodness for the Honda Recon—an ATV that gets it. The Recon is a powerful, versatile, rugged ATV, but one that also offers a smaller overall footprint. Its compact size helps you maneuver through tighter trails that would stop some larger ATVs. But the Recon is a powerhouse of an athlete in the welterweight class. Its specially designed 250-class engine is engineered for plenty of low-rpm torque and power, where the real work gets done. It’s two-wheel-drive layout features Honda’s famous longitudinal engine design for more efficient power transfer. And the Recon is even available in two different models: one features our conventional foot-shift ATV transmission, while the Recon ES offers Honda’s Electric Shift Program (ESP), which lets you upshift and downshift using two handlebar-mounted buttons.
The Recon. It’s one of the smartest ATV choices you can make.
Important Safety Information: Recommended for riders 16 years of age and older. Honda recommends that all ATV riders take a training course and read their owner’s manual thoroughly.
*MSRP does not include $330 destination charge.
|Driveline||Direct rear drive-shaft|
|Ignition||CD with electronic advance|
|Transmission||Five-speed with reverse|
|Bore x Stroke||68.5mm x 62.2mm|
|Fuel Capacity||2.4 gallons, including 0.6-gallon reserve|
|Starting System||Electric with auxiliary recoil|
|Type||229cc air-cooled OHV longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke|
|Brake Front||Dual sealed hydraulic drum|
|Brake Rear||Sealed mechanical drum|
|Suspension Front||Independent double-wishbone; 5.1-inch travel|
|Suspension Rear||Swingarm with single shock; 4.9-inch travel|
|Tires Front||22 x 7-11|
|Tires Rear||22 x 10-9|
|Turning Radius||8.5 feet|
|Curb Weight||434 pounds (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)|
|Ground Clearance||6.0 inches|
|Seat Height||31.2 inches|
|Other||No operator under age 16. Honda recommends that all ATV riders take a training course and read their owner's manual thoroughly.|
|Warranty||1 year - Transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.|
- Effortless Electric Starting - There's no stopping the Honda Recon—at least when it comes to starting. Turn a key, push a button, and you’re off, even in cold weather. A backup recoil starting system (think lawn mower) provides added confidence.
- LED Taillight and Brakelight - The Recon has a LED taillight and brakelight for durable, long-lasting lighting.
- Longitudinal Engine Layout - By orienting the crankshaft front to back in the chassis in our ATV and side-by-side engines, we route the flow of power straight to the wheels without any unnecessary right-angle detours, reducing powertrain friction and putting more grunt to the ground.
- Reverse Mechanism and Parking Brake - Mounted up on the left handlebar along with the parking brake, the Recon’s reverse lever is, simple and easy to use.
- Semi-Dry-Sump Engine Design - Compact and lighter-weight, the Recon's semi-dry-sump and overhead valve designs create an engine that's not only shorter from top to bottom, but one that enhances handling by lowering the center of gravity while also allowing for better ground clearance.
- Shaft Drive - Clean, efficient, proven, low-maintenance. Shaft drive is the perfect choice for a machine like this, and for riders who pile on the miles. You never have to worry about lubrication or adjustment out on the trail. And an added plus: it helps keep your ATV cleaner, too.
- Steel Cargo Racks - Front and rear steel cargo racks allow payloads of 33 and 66 pounds, respectively.
- Uniquely Designed Floorboards - Both the Recon and Recon ES have uniquely designed floorboards, which allow the rider’s feet to grip the footrests while helping keep mud and debris away.