2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5
$16,199.00 - Stock Number: HX1727
Some adventures demand more. For those adventures, you need the best. The toughest. The smartest. And the most powerful. For those adventures, you need the all-new Pioneer 1000-5.
The ultimate side-by-side in every way, the radical Pioneer 1000-5 delivers more inside and out, front to back. It starts with a class-leading 999cc twin-cylinder engine. The industry’s first and only fully automatic 6-speed Dual Clutch Transmission. And Honda’s exclusive QuickFlip® seating that allows you to go from a 3-seater, to a 4-seater, to a 5-seater.
But it doesn’t stop there, because the Pioneer 1000-5 also has a fully-selectable driveline that lets you choose between 2- and 4-wheel drive, and open or locked differentials front and rear. A high/low dual-range subtransmission. Fully-independent suspension in the front, and the back. And a hauling capacity of 1000 pounds, with a towing capacity of a full ton.
This is what more delivers. More power when you need it, more performance where it counts, all to help you get more out of every adventure.
|Driveline||Direct front and rear driveshafts|
|Transmission||Fully-Automatic Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) with six forward gears and Reverse. Four drive modes include 2WD, 4WD, Turf and Differential lock.|
|Bore x Stroke||92.0mm x 75.1mm|
|Engine||999cc liquid-cooled twin-cylinder Unicam® four-stroke|
|Ignition||Full-transistorized with electronic advance|
|Induction||Fuel Injection (PGM-FI), 44mm throttle body|
|Brake Front||210mm hydraulic disc|
|Brake Rear||210mm hydraulic disc|
|Suspension Front||Independent double-wishbone; 10.55 inches travel|
|Suspension Rear||Independent double-wishbone; 10 inches travel|
|Tires Front||27 x 9-12|
|Tires Rear||27 x 11-12|
|Bed Capacity||1000 pounds|
|Towing Capacity||2000 pounds|
|Other||Recommended for Drivers 16 years of age and older.|
|Warranty||One Year Transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan|
- 2000-Pound Towing Capacity - Able to tow a full ton (2000 pounds), the Pioneer 1000-5 can take on big jobs that otherwise would have required a tractor or a truck.
- 3-Passenger Contoured Bench Seat - Designed for three, this seat might even be more comfortable than your sofa at home! With a durable covering, it’s built for all-weather use, and to hold up to the rigors of off-road use. The center seat is positioned up and forward to increase comfort and maximize space for all three passengers.
- Advanced Transmission Logic - The Pioneer 1000-5 is more than tough—it’s Honda Smart. Here are some examples: The Pioneer 1000-5’s advanced, fully automatic Dual-Clutch Transmission senses how you’re riding, monitoring throttle position and input, engine RPM, vehicle speed and more. Relaxed drivers get smooth shifts and lower engine speed for a smoother, quieter ride. More sporting drivers get quicker shifts and higher engine speeds to maximize engine torque and power. Going downhill? The Pioneer 1000-5 stays in a lower gear for superior engine braking.
- Automatic Load Leveling Rear Suspension - When you fill the two rear seats or put a bigger load into the Pioneer 1000-5’s bed, the rear suspension automatically senses the increase and adjusts the ride height to compensate. This maintains ground clearance and maximizes comfort when loaded.
- Big Tires - The Pioneer 1000-5 comes standard with large 27-inch tires on 12-inch steel rims. There’s also an option with the Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe version, which features 27-inch radial tires on bigger 14-inch aluminum rims. Both offer excellent traction.
- Built in the U.S.A. - The Pioneer 1000-5 is built especially for the American market—totally in tune with your wants and needs and built in Timmonsville, South Carolina using domestically and globally sourced parts.
- Chassis Refinements - The Pioneer 1000-5’s chassis may not be the first thing you see, but it’s one of the first things you’ll notice when you’re on the trail. The independent, long-travel suspension, excellent ground clearance and large tires all work in concert to deliver superior ride comfort and superb traction. The rubber-mounted engine and exhaust system insulates you from annoying vibration, so your driving experience is like riding in first class, not economy. And on the Pioneer 1000-5, a special self-leveling rear suspension automatically compensates for changing loads.
- Driver/Passenger Protection - The Pioneer 1000-5 is loaded with features to help provide a feeling of security for the driver and passengers. The Occupant Protection Structure uses sturdy, large-diameter tubing, and includes integrated handholds, recessed top tubes and a more spacious structure to enhance protection; it also meets OSHA’s 1928.53 rollover protective structure standard. Hard doors and roll-up side nets provide a secure feel and keep mud and debris out of the cabin, while automotive-style three-point belts with an Emergency Locking Retractor mechanism help keep everyone secure.
- Electric Power Steering - Electric Power Steering helps eliminate bump steer and lessens steering effort, especially over rocks, logs and on sidehills. Honda’s system is second to none. You get more boost when you need it, when you’re in four-wheel drive, at lower speeds and in rough conditions.
- Engine Air Intake - Designed to excel in off-road use, the viscous air-filter element does an excellent job of providing clean air to the engine under tough conditions. It flows air well for increased performance, and also provides a longer service interval.
- Four-Wheel Disc Brakes - With a vehicle as big and capable as the Pioneer 1000-5, you need brakes that are up to the job, too. Honda’s extensive automotive experience means you know the Pioneer 1000-5’s brake system is up to the task.
- Fully-Automatic 6-Speed DCT Transmission - The Pioneer 1000-5’s Automatic DCT transmission features paddle shifting, six forward speeds plus reverse, three shift modes (automatic, manual and sport )and two gearing ranges (high and low). It can do all the shifting for you, as smooth and seamless as any automatic, but can also give you total control to shift yourself—it’s the best of all worlds!
- High/Low Subtransmission - In some really tricky, rocky terrain, hauling a big load down a steep hill, or need some real hill-climbing ability? This is just the ticket. A full 42-percent gear reduction is available when you shift from High to Low range.
- Paddle Shifting - You can let the Pioneer 1000-5 shift automatically, but if you want to choose a specific gear, upshift or downshift yourself in demanding conditions and even override the automatic gear selection—all without ever moving your hands from the wheel. The Pioneer 1000-5’s twin paddle-type shifters make it easy and fun.
- Powerful 999cc Twin-Cylinder Engine - A flagship Side-by-Side starts with a flagship engine, and the all-new Pioneer 1000-5 features one of our best. A class-leading 999cc liquid-cooled inline-twin, it’s the largest in the industry. And it’s also one of the smartest, utilizing Honda’s proprietary Unicam® cylinder-head design, perfected in our high-output motocross bikes. Built specifically for the Pioneer 1000-5, the engine is specially tuned to produce the horsepower and torque this SxS demands.
- QuickFlip® Seating - The Pioneer 1000-5’s bed features a pair of seats that flip up or fold down independently in seconds. Up, they provide secure seating for one or two additional passengers; down, you get a true flat cargo bed surface for utility use.
- Tilt Wheel - One size never fits all—that’s why the all-new Pioneer 1000-5 gets a tilt wheel to let you find a position that’s right for you. It also makes getting in and out easier for the driver.
- Turf/2WD/4WD/Diff Lock - Total flexibility here, with one lever. Turf mode is perfect for sensitive surfaces (like grass fields) and provides easier steering. Rougher conditions demand four-wheel drive to maximize available traction. And when the trail becomes even more demanding front and rear differential locks drives direct power to all four wheels.