2013 Yamaha YZ450F
$6,999.00 - Stock Number: Y21684
The revolutionary YZ450F!
A slanted, rearward facing cylinder with reversed intake ports all housed in a bilateral beam provides unmatched mass centralization, amazing balence and is one of the lightest handling bikes on the track. Combine this with Yamaha's legendary engine durability and high-quality components and you have the bike of choice for discerning customers.
|Final Drive||Chain Drive|
|Transmission||Constant-mesh 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch|
|Bore x Stroke||97.0 x 60.8mm|
|Engine||449cc liquid-cooled DOHC 4-stroke; 4 titanium valves|
|Fuel Capacity||1.6 gal|
|Fuel Delivery||Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI), Keihin® 44mm|
|Brake Front||Hydraulic single disc brake, 250mm|
|Brake Rear||Hydraulic single disc brake, 245mm|
|Suspension Front||KYB® Speed-Sensitive System, inverted fork: fully adjustable, 12.2-in travel|
|Suspension Rear||KYB® Fully adjustable single shock; 12.4-in travel|
|Tires Front||80/100-21 Dunlop® Geomax® MX51|
|Tires Rear||120/80-19 Dunlop® Geomax® MX51|
|Ground Clearance||15.2 in|
|Seat Height||39.4 in|
|Wet Weight||245 lb|
|Warranty||30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)|
- Chassis/Suspension - Both color options feature rich-looking black rims and a gold-color drive chain.
- Chassis/Suspension - Dunlop® Geomax® MX51 tires provide great all-round traction.
- Chassis/Suspension - Front and rear suspension settings and valving deliver exceptionally smooth suspension performance.
- Chassis/Suspension - Fuel pump is small and lightweight, as is the compact transistor ignition unit.
- Chassis/Suspension - Fuel tank is positioned underneath the seat, contributing to the centralized mass. The seat is long and flat to allow free rider movement, and has new seat foam material for an excellent cushion feel.
- Chassis/Suspension - KYB® rear shock includes a large capacity piggyback reservoir and 50mm piston for consistent damping control.
- Chassis/Suspension - Riders have a choice of two color options: Team Yamaha Blue/ White or White/Red.
- Chassis/Suspension - Seat foam material has an excellent cushion feel.
- Chassis/Suspension - Skid plate is constructed from tough polypropylene for great protection and low weight.
- Chassis/Suspension - The aluminum double “S” bend Bilateral Beam frame is crafted from a carefully chosen combination of forged and extruded aluminum, 16 components in all, for the right rigidity balance and light weight. A very symmetrical chassis design promotes nimble handling, letting riders enter and exit corners as quickly as possible to put the competition behind them.
- Chassis/Suspension - The front and rear fenders, along with the number plate, side cover and front fork protector have been designed for an aggressive look. The bike’s minimalistic design accentuates its handling character. A minimum of plastic means the lightweight aluminum frame can be exposed for an enhanced performance look.
- Chassis/Suspension - The KYB® Speed Sensitive front fork has excellent feel and shock absorption.
- Chassis/Suspension - The swingarm and rear shock are designed, with the shock mounted along the central axis of the frame, taking advantage of the space not needed for a traditionally configured engine’s airbox. This optimized combination delivers exceptionally linear performance for excellent bump absorption and awesome cornering ability.
- Chassis/Suspension - The triple clamps have 22mm offset for unequalled cornering performance. The tapered aluminum handlebars are 4-way adjustable to accommodate a wide range of riders.
- Engine - “Tornado-style” exhaust header with resonator efficiently scavenges exhaust gasses and helps the engine achieve its exceptional low-to-mid-rpm torque characteristics, while the longer 94 dB muffler meets the latest noise standards.
- Engine - 14 volt/110W high output generator powers the battery-less fuel injection system.
- Engine - 4-titanium valve cylinder head with a “pent-roof” design combustion chamber provides excellent combustion efficiency and unequalled power output.
- Engine - Clutch and transmission components are designed to give the rider positive and precise shifting feel.
- Engine - Fuel injection settings (mapping for injection and advance) offer smooth, controllable engine response in the low-to-mid-rpm range.
- Engine - The air filter case is up front, helping to keep dirt and dust kicked up from the rear tire away from the intake system.
- Engine - The big 97.0mm bore and short 60.8mm stroke, along with a high 12.5:1 compression ratio, create a combustion chamber that delivers really impressive power.
- Engine - The rearward-slanted engine allows for straight intake and exhaust ports, creating the most direct path for airflow into the fuel-injected engine for incredible performance.
- Engine - The YZ450F uses a battery-less fuel injection system with a 12-hole injector for superb fuel atomization. The 44mm Keihin® throttle body is designed for easy starting, with an integrated cold start and idle speed adjustment knob. Yamaha FI provides optimal air/fuel mixtures in all altitudes and wide range of temperatures for outstanding throttle response.
- Key Features - Accessory GYTR® Power Tuner lets bike tuners adjust air/fuel mixture and ignition timing maps to match engine performance characteristics to the rider and track conditions.
- Key Features - The 4-titanium valve cylinder head is matched to a fuel injection system developed specifically for the YZ450F. Instantly adapts to changing air/fuel mixtures depending on altitude and temperature, for an engine that delivers no matter what conditions.
- Key Features - The 4-titanium valve cylinder head is matched to a newly recalibrated fuel injection system that provides superb low-to-mid-rpm power feeling. Instantly adapts to changing air/fuel mixtures depending on altitude and temperature, for an engine that delivers no matter what conditions.
- Key Features - The aluminum double “S” bend Bilateral Beam frame provides a superb rigidity balance and, with new front and rear suspension settings, provides unmatched lightweight handling and cornering. Combined with the mass centralization provided by the engine, YZ450F for 2012 is a formidable, well-tuned package.
- Key Features - The cylinder is offset so the connecting rod is vertical at the moment of greatest combustion force, minimizing piston friction against the cylinder wall that could rob power. That means quicker response.
- Key Features - YZ450F’s still revolutionary design advancements include its rearward-slanted cylinder that achieves unmatched mass centralization, concentrating inertial mass toward the center of the machine. This bold design swaps traditional intake and exhaust positions, putting the lightweight airbox and throttle body out front. This contributes to mass centralization for nimble handling while also achieving a straight intake tract for superb combustion efficiency that delivers more power.